Sunday, April 29, 2012

Anzac Day



We read, discussed, wondered, questioned and had feelings about war and ANZAC day.  Here are some of our thoughts...
I noticed that poppies were as red as blood. Lily
My Pop was in the war and he didn't die so he must have been a very good soldier. Lachlan
ANZAC Day is a very special day because we celebrate the members of our family who went to war. Jessica
I remember that after the battles the poppies were the first flowers to grow back. Zoe M
The cenotaph looked tall. Mia
Tomorrow it is ANZAC Day and my Dad's Dad was in the war and lots of people lost their lives. Madeline
I do not know why the Germans were trying to take over the country. Leo
The cenotaph is not quite the shape of a circle. Harry
Tomorrow it will not be a school day because it is ANZAC Day and lots of people died in the war. Aiden
The cenotaph is a reminder of the people who fought in the war. Thomas
I noticed that our wreath was blue and white. Zoe C
I feel sad about the soldiers.  They helped us a lot. Nicole
The cenotaph is special because it says the names of the people who died in the war. Violet
I wonder how they defeated the Germans. Louie
I remember NZ soldiers helped France in the fight. Jack
I do not think the Germans and the New Zealander's had a good time in the war. Alexandra
War is not a nice thing.  Lots of people lost their lives in war. Fionn
My Dad's great grandfather was in the war.  All his medals are at my Dads uncles place. Callum
I wonder why the Germans are so mean.  I noticed the Germans tried to steal the towns. Alex
War isn't a happy time because heaps of people lost their lives. Zak

1 comment:

  1. It is a special day and I am glad that you remembered it Room 5. I loved the wreath you made using your hands, what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...